Yoga for back pain beginners: Back pain is reported in 90 out of 100 people. Where earlier complaints of back pain were seen only in the elderly, nowadays children and young people are also suffering from it. Complaints of back pain are seen more especially in women.
Yoga for back pain beginners is very beneficial for back pain. There are some asanas in yoga, which are beneficial in strengthening the bones and muscles of the waist. Due to this, the pain in the waist or back is removed. The benefits of yoga are excellent, especially for lower back pain.
If you are also struggling with back pain and are taking the help of various home remedies and medicines for this, then you must try yoga once. You cannot find a better option than yoga for back pain beginners.
- Main Causes Of Back Pain
- 11 Yoga For Back Pain Beginners
- Child Pose
- Cat Pose
- Downward Facing Dog
- Sphinx Pose
- Cobra Pose
- Half Spinal Twist Pose
- Standing Forward Bend Pose
- Wheel Pose
- Triangle Pose
- Wind Relieving Pose
- Sun Salutation
- Some Other Tips For Back Pain
Main Causes Of Back Pain
Before knowing about yoga for back pain beginners, let us also take a look at some of the main causes of back pain. There can be many reasons for back pain, some of which are as follows.
- Sitting In The Wrong Posture
- Gold In The Wrong Currency
- Physical Weakness
- Muscle Cramps
- Lifting Heavy Weights
- Stay In One Place For A Long Time
- Any Chronic Illness
- Lack Of Calcium In The Body
- Yoga For Back Pain
Back pain is a serious problem, which can happen to anyone. If some things are taken care of and regular 20 to 30 minutes of yoga is practiced, then this problem can be easily avoided.
Yoga for back pain is no less than any medicine. Also, with the help of yoga, you can stay healthy and fit for a long time. Learn more about beginner yoga for back pain.
Also Read: 8 Back And Chest Workout For Men At Home
11 Yoga For Back Pain Beginners
Child’s Pose is one of the few simple poses in yoga. In the position of the Child, the body is in the same posture, in which the child remains in the mother’s womb for 9 months.
Child Pose is very beneficial in relaxing the body, relieving stress, and giving relief to back pain. Also, this posture gives relaxation to the waist. People who work for hours sitting must practice this pose.
How To Do Child Pose
- First, sit in the position of Diamond Pose
- Hold your breath
- Now take a long breath and take both your hands above the head.
- Now while exhaling slowly bend down
- Meanwhile, your waist should remain straight
- Now bend down and rest your hands and head on the ground
- Now keep breathing slowly in this position and keep exhaling
- Try to stay in this posture for a while
- In the end, slowly come out of this posture by raising your hands and head.
30 seconds to 5 minutes
Do not practice this pose in pregnancy, diarrhea, pain in the legs, and high fever.
Cat Pose is also a great yoga for back pain beginners. In this posture, the body shape looks like a cat.
People who sit for a long time in one place must practice this pose. The practice of this pose strengthens the waist and brings flexibility to the waist.
How To Do Cat Pose
- Sitting in Diamond Pose
- Now going forward, keep both your hands on the ground
- Hands should be in line with shoulders and knees should be in line with hips
- This pose will almost look like a horse
- Now take a long breath and while exhaling, bring your head down towards the chest and keep the waist out in a circular shape.
- Then while exhaling, move the head upwards and try to round the waist in the same way.
- Now do this pose 8 to 10 times in the same way
- Meanwhile, your hands should be straight, the elbows of the hands should not bend at all.
You can practice this pose for 1-3 minutes according to your ability.
Do not practice this pose in case of abdominal pain, neck pain, knee pain, and severe shoulder pain.
Downward Facing Dog
If you are a dog lover then you must have noticed a special habit of dog. The dog keeps pulling its head towards the chest by moving its front legs slightly from time to time. Actually, by doing this the dog stretches its body.
Inspired by this dog’s habit. There are many benefits of this asana. It is beneficial in strengthening the waist, reducing belly fat, strengthening the muscles of arms and legs, increasing the glow of the face, and making the body flexible. Be sure to include it in yoga for back pain.
How To Do Downward Facing Dog
- First of all, come to the position of desire posture
- Then move your feet back a little
- Keep all your weight on your hands
- Raise the hips slightly and keep the waist straight
- Now move your head down towards the chest
- Eyes should be focused on the navel
- Meanwhile, you will feel the stretch on the leg muscles, waist, and shoulders.
- Remain in this position for some time and keep breathing
- Come out of this posture slowly
You can do this pose from 30 seconds to 90 seconds.
Do not do this pose during pregnancy. Also, do not do this pose on back, leg, and neck injuries.
Sphinx pose is also an easy and very beneficial posture in yoga for back pain beginners. This pose is most useful for lower back pain.
How To Do Sphinx Pose
- First, lie down on your stomach
- The head should be down on the ground and the feet should be straight on the ground
- The front part of the elbow should be resting on the ground, as shown in the above figure.
- Now take a deep breath, lift the head and chest lightly.
- The navel and the lower part of the navel should be on the ground and the eyes should be towards the front.
- Now stay in this state for some time and in the meantime keep breathing and exhaling.
You can stay in this pose from 30 seconds to 2 minutes according to your needs.
Stay away from the practice of this asana during pregnancy.
Cobra Pose is a form of Sphinx pose. You can do it after practicing the Sphinx pose for a few days. Cobra pose is a bit more difficult than Sphinx pose, but its benefits are also double. Cobra pose is no less than any medicine in yoga for back or back pain.
In this posture, the shape of the body looks like a cobra. Along with removing back pain, Cobra Pose is also helpful in reducing abdominal fat, reducing stress, strengthening the lungs, and strengthening the digestive power.
Half Spinal Twist Pose
“Half Spinal Twist Pose” is also a great asana in yoga for back pain, some people also know it as “Half Spinal Twist Pose”. This pose is extremely beneficial for making the spine flexible, relieving back pain, and for stomach problems. Twisting is very important and beneficial to remove back pain.
How To Do Half Spinal Twist Pose
- First of all sit in Staff Pose
- Now bend the left leg and take it above the knee of the right leg and place it on the ground.
- After that hold the left toe with the right hand
- Now while inhaling, bend your neck slightly to the left, as far as possible from you.
- Meanwhile, keep your left hand on the ground
- Now you have come to Half Spinal Twist Pose stay for a while and then slowly come out of this posture.
- To understand this posture properly, look at the picture above.
This pose can be practiced from 15 seconds to one minute according to your physical ability.
This is a difficult pose, practice it only after understanding it properly. Also, do not practice this pose in case of spinal cord injury, pregnancy, and severe back pain.
Standing Forward Bend Pose
Standing Forward Bend is the best yoga pose to stretch the body. Standing in this posture, one has to bend down in the right direction, due to which there is maximum strain on the waist and hips.
This asana helps stretch the waist, making the spine flexible, stretching the muscles of the hips, increasing blood flow in the body, reducing belly fat, and making the whole body flexible.
How To Do Standing Forward Bend
- Stand up straight, keep your hands by your waist
- Bend down with the help of hip joints
- Meanwhile, the eyes should be straight towards the front.
- Legs should be straight and the waist should also be straight
- Now try to touch the toes with your hands. If it is not possible then it doesn’t matter, just don’t force it with the body.
- Stay in this state for some time and in the meantime keep breathing
- Bringing the neck up, slowly come out of this posture.
You can stay in this posture from 30 seconds to one minute.
Some people forcefully with the body while doing this pose and try to bend down as much as possible. Due to this, there is a lot of stress on the waist and it can have the opposite effect on the waist.
Practice this pose according to your physical ability. Do not force any kind of force with the body. Gradually you will become proficient in it.
Wheel Pose is a famous yoga pose that strengthens the waist. In-wheel pose, the shape of the body appears round like a circle and the waist is used the most in this posture. With regular practice of this pose, the spine becomes strong and the waist is flexible.
Along with this, wheel pose is also helpful in reducing stomach, increasing blood flow, increasing digestion power, boosting metabolism, increasing the glow of the face, and strengthening the muscles of the body. This is one of the best yoga poses to avoid back or back pain.
Triangle pose is also a good yoga pose for back pain. It works to stretch the muscles of the waist, legs, and abdomen. Along with this, it is also a very useful asana in balancing the body.
How To Do Triangle Pose
- Stand straight first
- Keep some distance between both the feet
- Now spread your hands upwards till the level of the shoulders.
- Now while inhaling, raise your right hand above the ear.
- Slightly bend your left leg out
- While exhaling tries to bend from the waist to your left side and try to touch the ankle of the left foot with the left hand.
- Keep the knees straight, the knees should not be bent and the eyes should be upwards
- After staying in this posture for some time, do the same from the left side as well.
30 seconds to 90 seconds
Do not practice this pose in severe back pain, slip disc, high blood pressure, sciatica, and pregnancy.
Wind Relieving Pose
Wind Relieving Pose is beneficial in expelling air i.e. gas from the stomach. Along with this, this pose is also very beneficial for lower back pain. The abdominal and back muscles are strengthened by the practice of this asana.
This pose holds a special place in yoga for back pain. Those who work sitting all day long, they must practice this poss to avoid back pain.
How To Do Wind Relieving Pose
- Lie flat on your back
- Stick both the legs together
- Now bring both your feet close to your chest and hold the thighs tightly with your hands.
- After that, lift your head off the ground and try to take it a little near the knees.
- Meanwhile, keep breathing in and out
- Keep pressure on the abdomen by holding the knees tightly
- After staying in this posture for some time, slowly bring the feet towards the ground and then rest the head on the ground.
You can stay in this pose for 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
Do not practice this pose during menstruation, pregnancy, high blood pressure, back injury, and abdominal pain. Also, do this pose always on an empty stomach.
To avoid back pain or back pain, there is no better exercise than Sun Salutation. Sun Salutation helps make the body healthy, fit, and flexible along with back pain.
There are 8 poses inside Sun Salutation, which are as follows.
- Raised Arms Pose
- Gorilla Pose
- Horse Steering
- Staff Pose
- Knee-chest-chin pose
- Cobra Pose
- Downward Facing Dog
You should first practice these poses one by one. After you learn to do these asanas well, then you should practice Sun Salutation. For back pain, practice Sun Salutation in yoga.
Also Read: 8 Exercises To Reduce Breast Size
Some Other Tips For Back Pain
- Always practice beginner yoga for back pain on an empty stomach. Do not do yoga after meals.
- If the back pain is severe, then practice these poses only under the supervision of a yoga expert.
- If you can not do any pose, then leave it, do not forcefully do any yoga posture.
- You can practice this beginner yoga for back pain twice a day, morning and evening.
- To avoid back pain, do not sit in one place for a long time.
- Avoid lifting heavy things in back pain, lifting heavy weights can aggravate back pain.
- Do not make a habit of bending over and sitting down.
- Include proper amounts of protein, calcium, vitamins, and minerals in your diet.
The benefits of beginner yoga for back pain are amazing. You can easily get rid of back pain through yoga. Also, by practicing these asanas, your body will remain healthy, fit, and flexible and stress and anxiety will also be reduced.