Hello and a warm welcome! We have done comprehensive research and thus are going to discuss the Sources Of Vitamin C in Food in this article.
The benefits of Vitamin C are amazing for the health of our skin, hair, eyes, and nails and to increase the body’s immunity power.
Today we will know about Vitamin C in detail and talk about what is Vitamin C, the Benefits of Vitamin C, Disadvantages of Vitamin C, sources of Vitamin C, and what happens due to the lack of Vitamin C in the body.
- What is Vitamin C?
- Sources Of Vitamin C In Food
- List of fruits and vegetables rich in Vitamin C/Vitamin C Fruits And Vegetables
- Fruits with Vitamin C
- Vegetables with Vitamin C
- Other Sources of Vitamin C
- 5. Helps in quick healing of wounds
What is Vitamin C?
Vitamin C, also known as L-Ascorbic Acid, is an essential nutrient for our body. It is a soluble vitamin that dissolves easily in water. The human body cannot store it, so it has to be taken from certain foods from time to time.
Vitamin C is essential for the human body. Vitamin C works to make collagen in the body, increase immunity, build and maintain skin and blood vessels, and protect the body from various diseases.
Amla, lemon, orange, tomato, and guava are the main sources of Vitamin C in food. While some people also use Vitamin C supplements, Vitamin C tablets, and Vitamin C powders to maintain the amount of Vitamin C in the body.
But best of all, we should take sources of Vitamin C in food only to get the benefits of vitamin C well.
Sources Of Vitamin C In Food
Some people have a question about what they should eat for Vitamin C or what are the sources of Vitamin C in food. Let us tell you that Vitamin C is available in your home is present in the kitchen. You just need to recognize it.
Vitamin C is found in abundance in certain foods, especially fruits and vegetables, while citrus fruits are the best sources of Vitamin C in food. The main sources of Vitamin C in food are as follows, which you can easily include in your diet.
List of fruits and vegetables rich in Vitamin C/Vitamin C Fruits And Vegetables
Fruits with Vitamin C
Vegetables with Vitamin C
Some vegetables in which Vitamin C is found in high amounts are as follows.
- Radish leaves
- Green pepper
Other Sources of Vitamin C
Benefits of Vitamin C
After knowing the sources of Vitamin C or the components of Vitamin C, now let’s talk about the benefits of Vitamin C. The benefits of Vitamin C for the human body are as follows.
1. Vitamin C For Increase Immune System
Vitamin C is very beneficial for boosting the immune system in the body. By increasing immunity, the body gets the power and strength to fight diseases, due to which diseases cannot enter the body quickly. People with weak immunity must take Vitamin C in the proper amount.
2. Vitamin C For Strong Bones
Vitamin C is as important as calcium is necessary for bone growth and strong bones. By consuming Vitamin C, you can keep the bones of your body strong for a long time. If you have bone pains, then you must take Vitamin C.
3. Vitamin C Benefits For Face And Skin
Vitamin C is also very beneficial for the skin. Vitamin C retains moisture in the skin, due to which there is no dryness in the skin, and the skin remains soft. Due to the consumption of Vitamin C, there is no problem of pimples on the face, and it also brings a natural glow to the face.
Along with this, if you have any skin-related diseases, then you must take Vitamin C. It will benefit you.
Also Read: How You Lose Weight Without Exercise?
4. Helps to increase collagen in the body
Collagen is the best type of protein that is beneficial for bones, muscles, skin, and hair. It is also very good for fine lines and wrinkles of the face. Our body produces collagen automatically. Vitamin C helps to increase collagen in the body.
5. Helps in quick healing of wounds
Antioxidants are abundant in vitamin C, which work to heal the body’s injuries, wounds and wounds quickly. With the consumption of vitamin C in the proper amount, you can recover the injuries and wounds in the body quickly. Sometimes doctors also suggest taking vitamin C supplements or vitamin C tablets to heal wounds in the body quickly.
6. Vitamin C for Gums Problem
Vitamin C also works to keep your gums healthy. If your gums are weak, there is a pain in the gums, or if there is bleeding from the gums, then you must take vitamin C in the proper amount.
Also read: Also Read: How To Lose Weight With PCOS/PCOD?.
7. Vitamin C For Hair Growth
Due to deficiency of Vitamin C, hair fall starts. Vitamin C is one of the essential vitamins for hair. It acts to nourish the hair, with the help of this you can keep your hair black, long, thick and strong till old age.
8. Benefits of Vitamin C for Weight Loss
Increasingly, people do not do anything to lose weight. They sweat in the gym, do yoga, and many people also take weight loss medicine. People often make a mistake to lose weight. They do not pay much attention to their food and drink. Protein and Vitamin C contribute as much in reducing body weight as you get by sweating in the gym.
9. Other benefits of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is also very much in other body problems like controlling blood pressure, increasing eyesight, removing stomach-related problems, removing stress, fulfilling iron deficiency in the body, curing cold and cold, etc. are beneficial.
Vitamin C Deficiency Symptoms
Vitamin C deficiency can cause many problems and diseases in our bodies. The symptoms of Vitamin C in the body are as follows.
- Deficiency of Vitamin C causes the skin to fade; wrinkles appear on the face before age, and dark circles start to appear under the eyes.
- Deficiency of Vitamin C can cause your eyesight to become poor.
- Deficiency of Vitamin C in the body can increase diabetes.
- Deficiency of Vitamin C causes hair fall and graying before age.
- Children’s growth can stop due to lack of vitamin C. Due to lack of Vitamin C, the body parts of children do not develop properly.
- Deficiency of Vitamin C can reduce the body’s immunity, making you fall ill soon.
- One of the main reasons for increasing body fat or increasing obesity is the lack of Vitamin C in the body.
- Due to the deficiency of Vitamin C, there can be frequent problems of dizziness.
- There may be a problem of gum pain and bleeding gums.
- The problem of joint pain can also occur due to a deficiency of Vitamin C.
- Deficiency of Vitamin C also increases the number of toxic substances in the body.
Which disease is caused by the deficiency of Vitamin C?
The deficiency of Vitamin C in the body can cause a disease called scurvy. Scurvy disease can cause many problems like skin rashes, swollen gums, teething, lack of blood in the body, weakness, pain in the hands and feet.
How much Vitamin C should be taken in a day?
The amount of Vitamin C you need each day depends on your age, according to the National Institutes of Health. The average daily recommended amounts for people of different ages are as follows.
- 15 mg for children 1-3 years old.
- 25 mg for children 4-8 years old.
- 45 mg for children 9-13 years old.
- 65 mg for 14-18-year-old girls.
- 75 mg for 14-18-year-old boys.
- 90 mg for an adult man.
- 75 mg for an adult female.
According to your age, you must take at least this much vitamin C from foods in a day.
Whereas the daily upper limits for Vitamin C are as follows.
- 400 mg for children 1-3 years old.
- 650 mg for children 4-8 years old.
- 1200 mg for children 9-13 years old.
- 1800 mg for 14-18 years.
- 2000 mg for adults.
Vitamin C should not be consumed more than this in a day.
Disadvantages of Vitamin C
- Excessive use of Vitamin C can give rise to kidney disease. This can damage the kidneys while also increasing the risk of kidney stones.
- Excessive use of Vitamin C can cause stomach and stomach-related problems such as abdominal pain, vomiting, abdominal cramps, heartburn, diarrhea, etc.
- Excessive use of Vitamin C can cause headaches.
- Due to excessive intake of Vitamin C, the amount of iron in the body also increases, due to which the body may have to face many problems.
In this article, we have discussed sources of Vitamin C in food, the benefits of Vitamin C, and disadvantages of Vitamin C. I Hope you have learned something new from this, and your knowledge about Vitamin C will have increased more.
If you liked this article of ours, then you must share it in your social media accounts and pass this information to other people as well. For similar information related to health and wellness, you must also read other posts of think-how and keep yourself away from diseases.
Note: This article is to give you information about Vitamin C, do not use it to prevent disease or use it only after consulting a doctor. A person suffering from any disease and problem should use Vitamin C only on the advice of a doctor.
You can follow us on Google News Think-How and Instagram @thinkhow2021 to stay updated.