If you’re planning to pursue your future as a web creator, you’re likely to be confused by the web designer and web developer debate. Which of these two career options is best for you? Here’s a quick guideline to help you make a decision between occupation as a web designer and web developer.
Web designers create the appearance and feel of a website, and web developers create the code needed to make it function. Web designers and developers often collaborate, though their roles are different.
Who is web designers?
Web designers are the individual who creates a site that looks good. The primary task of web designers is to focus on the design and overall look of the site by using programs such as Photoshop, Corel Draw, and so on to enhance the look and feel of the site.
What is the definition of a Web Developer?
Skills Required for Web Designer
Web designers require strong abilities based on their specific roles and areas of expertise. However, generally speaking, web designers must have the following abilities to succeed:
- A fundamental understanding of the principles of web design and the accessibility requirements for websites
- CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization)
- Understanding the fundamentals of responsive and interactive design.
- Prototyping and wireframing commands
- The ability to create tools and software
- Acquaintance with color theory, branding, and typography
- Effective Communication and Collaboration Skills
Skills Required by Web Developers
Web developers also require technical and non-technical abilities, including good communication and collaboration abilities, in addition to problem-solving skills and analytical thinking skills, to excel in their field. A few of the technical abilities required by web developers are:
- Details of back-ends and databases
- Skills for testing and debugging
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- The expertise in Content Management Systems like WordPress
Difference Between a Web Designer and Web Developer
Web designers and web developers play a crucial role in developing websites as well as maintenance. But the main distinctions between them are as follows:
- While web designers focus on the artistic aspects, such as the design and ease of use of their websites, Web developers tend to be more technical and focus on structure and functionality.
- Web designers convert ideas into appealing and visually appealing designs, and web developers transform concepts into fully usable websites.
Web designers could become web developers just as web developers can choose to become designers. Both professions require an aspirant to have sufficient understanding and practical skills in the other field. Both fields are connected, and you could opt to be both once you’ve mastered both areas. Learn about web design and development in Kolkata at MAAC Girish Park and have the chance to establish your career on a higher level with more possibilities.