Pests are everywhere, especially here in Australia visit pest control Thomastown, and while some are just a nuisance, others, such as termites, can cause structural damage to your property. Damages from past infestations are enough to decrease your property value, but an active infestation can deter even the most ambitious buyers or renters. For those reasons, you must take care of the pest problem as soon as it shows its antennas.
The cost of pest control is not low, but it’s always well worth it in the long run. So, if you:
- Have been infested with nasty creepy crawlies;
- Are moving out or selling your property, but the law mandates you hire pest control;
- You can’t find an appropriate pest control price list on any website you’ve visited so far.
Pest control services costs
Pest control prices depend on a handful of factors, which you will read about in just a minute. The takeaway is this: every company will give you a different quote. Some companies charge by the hour, others by the type of services, and some have fixed prices. So, consider the prices in these tables exemplary for Australia rather than final.
- As you can see, the word pest encompasses many different critters, each of which can cause harm in its own way.
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on mammal blood. They hide in beds, furniture, carpets and wherever they can be closest to their prey. They spread rapidly and are impossible to eradicate by DIY means, thanks to their tough exterior shells and small size.
Fleas will make a life for your pet a living hell but are also dangerous to humans because fleas can carry diseases.
In most countries, ants are a plain nuisance that doesn’t pose a serious health threat. In Australia, on the other hand, quite a few species can put you in the hospital. So, if you find ants in your home, take care of them rather than trying to find out whether they are dangerous or not.
Wasps are territorial, aggressive, can sting multiple times and are not afraid to do it. The wasp sting is full of venom, which hurts so bad. Different people get different allergic reactions, some even can have fatal consequences.
Pest inspection cost
A pest inspection is a procedure that determines if there is pest activity on your property and whether it represents a health or property hazard. Examples of damage include chewed wires and insulation from rodents or holes in furniture from termites. The inspection also determines how likely it is to get infested in the future, making it twice as valuable.
How to choose a pest control company
Nowadays, many companies offer pest control, and it’s tempting to choose the cheapest one. But beware, cheap pest control prices may mean the service is not carried up to standards. That’s why you should always ask the following questions of each company you contact:
- Do you have a licence? – both the regular technicians and trainees of any pest company should hold a license proving that they know how to handle and apply chemicals properly and safely. Look for certifications such as PestCert or HACCP.
- Do you have insurance? – accidents and mistakes can always happen, so you need to know what level of protection you will be given for your property and possessions.
- How long have you been in this business? – experience is always important. The longer a company stays in business, the more people will know it and recommend or avoid it. Plus, the level of experience should never be underestimated.
- What products do you use? – this is important because the company should use only AEPMA (Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association) approved products.
By now you know that the cost of professional pest control can never be low, but in the long run it is well worth it. Professionals will use the right amount of pesticides in the right areas. A regular Joe will spray your home, and home the pest never returns, whilst missing important entry points and reasons why your home got infested in the first place.