Famous Tourist Place of Uttarakhand Gangotri National Park is a magnificent tourist destination located in the Uttarkashi district of the state of Uttarakhand. The name of this national park is related to Gangotri Glacier. Situated in the natural surroundings of the Garhwal region, this national park is a famous high-altitude wildlife sanctuary in India. The origin of the river Ganges related to Hinduism can be seen passing through Gangotri National Park. Trekking can also be enjoyed at this place. Challenging treks, snow, beaten paths, whittling wood, and ruffled leaves add to the thrill of visiting this national park. While the splendor of the imposing coniferous trees makes the Gangotri National Park more attractive. And Gangotri National Park is one of the best places to visit in Uttarakhand.
If you also want to visit Gangotri National Park with your family or friends, then you must read this article completely where we are going to give complete information related to the trip to Gangotri National Park-
- Some Important Information Related To Gangotri National Park Uttarakhand
- Geography Of Gangotri National Park Uttarakhand
- Biodiversity Of Gangotri National Park
- Flora Of Gangotri National Park Uttarakhand
- Safari And Other Activities In Gangotri National Park
- Tips For Visiting Gangotri National Park
- What You Can Do In Gangotri National Park
- Gangotri National Park Entry Fee
- Gangotri National Park Opening And Closing Timings
- Tourist Places To Visit In And Around Gangotri National Park
- Best Time To Visit Gangotri National Park
- Where To Stay While Visiting Gangotri National Park
- How To Visit Gangotri National Park
Some Important Information Related To Gangotri National Park Uttarakhand
- Let us tell you that the Gangotri National Park is spread on a large scale in an area of 2390 sq km.
- The main national park of Uttarkashi Gangotri National Park was established in the year 1989.
- This park is situated at an altitude of 1800 m to 7083 m above sea level.
Geography Of Gangotri National Park Uttarakhand
The geographic coordinates of the park are 78°45′ to 79°02′ East and 30°50′ to 31°12′ North. The northeastern part of the national park shares its international border with China. Gangotri National Park has a distinctive high altitude ecosystem and is influenced by trans-Himalayan elements to an extent. A unique feature of this national park is the alpine scrub. Because the park is close to hilly terrain, the area is prone to landslides.
Must Read: Famous Hill Station Of Madhya Pradesh
Biodiversity Of Gangotri National Park
This national park is known for sheltering great biodiversity amidst snow-capped mountains and lush greenery. The vast grasslands of this park are the major attraction for tourists. With 15 species of mammals and 150 varieties of birds, Gangotri National Park is known for its abundant and diverse fauna. Where you can spot some important species like Himalayan Snowcock, Himalayan Monal, Blue Sheep, Brown Bear, Black Bear, and Snow Leopard. Apart from these, the Gangotri National Park also includes species of exotic birds like pheasant, bulbul, parakeet, partridge, pigeon, Himalayan barbet.
Flora Of Gangotri National Park Uttarakhand
The flora of the park consists mainly of western Himalayan alpine shrubs at higher elevations and western Himalayan subalpine conifer forests at lower altitudes. Apart from these, oak, spruce, and deodar trees are found at the high altitude of Gangotri National Park. Whereas alpine scrub and Kharsu oak are seen in the low altitude area of the park.
Safari And Other Activities In Gangotri National Park
This national park is famous for its exciting activities in the field of recreation. Gangotri National Park not only offers jeep safaris but also activities like hang gliding, mountaineering, paragliding, river rafting, trekking, and skiing. Which remains the main center of attraction for tourists. Apart from this, let us tell you that there are many such tourist places in Gangotri National Park which entice the travelers to spend the best of their free time.
Must Read: 18 Best Hill Station in Uttarakhand
Tips For Visiting Gangotri National Park
- If you are planning to visit Gangotri National Park during winters, then take trekking shoes, a winter jacket, and winter cream along with you.
- If you are going to visit Gangotri National Park during summer, then carry a water bottle, cap, and sunglasses, and go trekking in light clothes and shoes and drink plenty of water.
- And while traveling during monsoon don’t forget to carry a raincoat.
What You Can Do In Gangotri National Park
- During your visit to Gangotri National Park, you can make your trip exciting by trekking and hiking here.
- During your visit to Gangotri National Park, you can capture the wildlife species and beautiful views of the park in your camera.
Gangotri National Park Entry Fee
- For Indian Tourists: Rs.150 per person for 3 days
- For foreign tourists: 600 per person (three days)
Tent rental if you want to stay in Gangotri National Park for some time
- For 2 Indian tourists: Rs 50
- For 2 foreign tourists: Rs 100
- For 4 Indian tourists: Rs 100
- For 4 foreign tourists: Rs 200
Gangotri National Park Opening And Closing Timings
If you are planning an exciting trip to Gangotri National Park with your family or friends. So for your information, let us tell you that the park is open from 6.00 in the morning till evening.
And let us tell you that if you want to do trekking in Gangotri National Park, then take out at least 2 days to visit Gangotri National Park.
Tourist Places To Visit In And Around Gangotri National Park
If you are planning to visit the famous Gangotri National Park of Uttarkashi city in Uttarakhand with your family or friends. So let us tell you that there are other popular tourist places in Uttarkashi other than Gangotri National Park which you can include in your travel list which is really worth visiting-
- Bhojbasa Gangotri
- Gangotri Temple
- Bhairon Valley Gangotri
- Submerged Shivling
- Harsil Valley Uttarakhand
- Surya Kund Gangotri Dham
- Gangotri Glacier
- Kedartal Gangotri
- Dodi Tal Lake Uttarkashi
- Auden Kol Gangotri
- Gomukh Tapovan Trek
- Tapovan Joshimath
- Jogin Advanced Base Camp Gangotri
- Vishwanath Temple Gangotri
- Maneri Gangotri
Best Time To Visit Gangotri National Park
The weather of this national park is generally cool and dry with mild winds. However, during the winter months, i.e. December to March, it is extremely cold in some parts due to the high altitude and northerly winds. Apart from this, the monsoon season should also be avoided due to heavy rainfall. And landslides occurring in this area can put the lives of tourists at risk. Therefore, the best time to visit Gangotri National Park is during the summer months, i.e., April, May, and June. The weather is calm and pleasant at this time of the year. Clear skies and ample sunshine make for a favorable time for trekking, sightseeing, and other activities.
Must Read: 9 Best Places To Visit Near Vaishno Devi
Where To Stay While Visiting Gangotri National Park
If you are planning to visit the popular Gangotri National Park in Uttarkashi with your family or friends, and wondering where should we stop during our visit? So for your information, let us tell you that there are all types of hotels from low budget to high budget around Gangotri National Park or in Uttarkashi, which you can choose according to your convenience-
How To Visit Gangotri National Park
Gangotri National Park is a popular tourist destination of Uttarkashi which is connected to various cities of Uttarakhand and India through Uttarkashi. Tourists can reach Gangotri National Park by choosing any of the air routes, rail routes, or roads.
How To Reach Gangotri National Park By Flight
If you want to go by flight to visit Gangotri National Park with your family or friends. So let us tell you that the nearest airport to Gangotri National Park is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun. Which is located at a distance of about 220 km from Gangotri National Park. After reaching the airport, you can travel by taxi or bus to reach Gangotri National Park.
How To Reach Gangotri National Park By Road
Gangotri National Park is well connected by road to Uttarakhand and other cities of India via Uttarkashi and Dehradun. The nearest bus stand to Gangotri National Park is in Dehradun. Where many buses are operated for this route. You can also hire a private taxi if you do not want to travel by bus.
How To Reach Gangotri National Park By Train
If you are planning to visit Gangotri National Park by train, then let us tell you that there is no direct rail connectivity to Gangotri National Park Uttarkashi. The nearest railway station to Gangotri National Park is Dehradun Railway Station which is situated at a distance of 125 km from the park. Dehradun Railway Station is connected to many major cities of India by rail. After reaching the railway station, you can hire a bus or taxi to reach Gangotri National Park.