Uttarakhand is home to several famous temples in India, also known as Devbhoomi. So the worldwide famous Chota Chardham yatra is also in Uttarakhand. Furthermore, Chardham Yatra is a spiritual journey to four holy shrines located across the Himalayan range of the Garhwal region in the state. So those who want to go on the yatra must do Chardham registration and complete the formalities. Further, for better convenience and amenities, one may consider avail of the Chardham yatra by helicopter from LIH Travels.
The registration is possible in two forms — online and offline. So if you want to avoid the lengthy lines and save time, you may also choose to register online for the Char Dham Yatra in 2022. Additionally, the whole procedure is quite straightforward and uncomplicated. Moreover, online registration just requires a valid email address, cell phone number, and valid ID. Here is the entire information on the Uttarakhand Chardham Yatra Registration process. So here learn more about the registration procedure and simplify your Char Dham Yatra.
- Uttarakhand Chardham Yatra Registration
- Benefits of Chardham Yatra Registration
- How to register for Chardham Yatra Online?
- How to Register for Chardham Yatra Offline?
- Downloading Chardham Yatra E-pass
- Check Post for Chardham Yatra
- Documents Required for Chardham Registration
- Best Time to Visit Chardham
- Final Say
Uttarakhand Chardham Yatra Registration
The Uttarakhand Government made Chardham yatra registration compulsory after the tragedy of 2013. After the completion of the registration process, biometric cards or yatra passes are issued to the devotees for their safety, and only registered persons can proceed with their yatra. Further, these biometric cards have some facilities available. Furthermore, the issued passes help the government monitor the tourist flow on each Dham through GPS based system.
Below find the details about the Chardham registration procedure, the best time to visit, and opening and closing dates to make your yatra convenient.
Benefits of Chardham Yatra Registration
Some people wonder about the benefits of yatra registration. Registering for the Chardham yatra ensure the traveler’s safety. Also, the government keeps track of every tourist’s location through GPS based monitoring system. So in case you are lost, a genuine yatra pass will help you. So show the yatra pass to any local, and they can help you reach the nearest accommodation center. Moreover, it will also help you get assistance like food and lodging.
How to register for Chardham Yatra Online?
There is no doubt Chardham Yatra online registration is convenient and easy. Registering online will save you from standing in a long queue. Furthermore, the registration fee is INR 50/- per person. So to register, you’ll need a valid email ID.
- Visit an official website www.uttarakhandtourism.gov.in.
- Press the Chardham registration link in the upper right corner.
- On a different page, a registration form will appear. Further, fill out the form completely by entering your information and pressing the REGISTER option.
- Valid login credentials and an email will be issued to the registered E-mail. So enter them in the login window and click on log in.
- A new page will open of IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS. Further, read the instructions and click BOOK DARSHANS.
- The page will open with the required information for booking. Fill up the details and click on PROCEED.
- There will be a verification window. So check the details, and if right, click on CONFIRM.
- Enter the tourist details, upload the required IDs, and click PROCEED.
- A payment page will open. Further, select the mode of the payment, and click MAKE PAYMENT. So after completing the payment procedure, the registration is completed.
Further, on the registered email address, you will get a payment receipt and the Chardham Yatra registration slip. So make sure to carry both while traveling.
How to Register for Chardham Yatra Offline?
Don’t worry if you planned in a hurry and forgot to register online for the yatra. You can register offline by visiting offline registration centers located at different places in Uttarakhand. Furthermore, there are 14 centers available throughout Uttarakhand to get your biometric registration. Additionally, make sure to carry valid documents for registration. So here is the list of centers-
|Place||Location for Chardham Registration|
|Haridwar||Haridwar Railway Station|
|Haridwar||Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Parking|
|Rishikesh||Roadways Bus Stand|
|Janki Chatti||Janki Chatti|
Downloading Chardham Yatra E-pass
After completing the Chardham registration process, you can download an e-pass for Chardham yatra.
- Visit Uttarakhand Char Dham Devasthanam Management Board (UCDDMB) website.
- Enter the registered phone number and biometric registration ID. Enter Captcha given and click PROCEED.
- If you don’t have a registration ID, you can download an e-pass by entering your mobile number. So to confirm, enter the OTP sent to your phone. Click PROCEED after entering the captcha.
- Download the Chardham e-pass and carry the printout for your convenience.
Check Post for Chardham Yatra
Those who fail to provide a Chardham registration card at check post will not be allowed to go further. So these checkpoints are Yamuna bridge behind Kempty fall, Vikasnagar, Suwakholi diversion Mussories, and Rishikesh. Rishikesh is the entry point for the Chardham yatra. Although, the government is planning arrangements for those who arrive at entry points without registration.
Documents Required for Chardham Registration
Aadhaar Card, driving license, voter ID card, and passport all are valid for identification Id for Uttarakhand Chardham yatra registration.
Valid phone/ mobile number.
Best Time to Visit Chardham
When planning this sacred trip, don’t forget to check the Chardham yatra opening date. The Chardham registration starts in April. The gates of Chardham are open in April or May on the occasion of Akshay Tritiya and close on Diwali or Bhai Dooj in October or November.
The summer months of April through June are optimal for travel to Chardham because of the beautiful weather. The valley experiences the monsoon from July to September, which makes it vulnerable to landslides and flooding. Hence, it is advisable to avoid traveling in the mountains in this season.
LIH offers a range of Chardham Yatra tour packages at affordable prices. Further to cover the darshan in 6 days, we have packages for the Chardham yatra by helicopter. Customizing these packages is also available at the same price or added, depending upon the requirement. So contact us to book your tailor-made Chardham yatra packages today to make your journey smooth.