Battle Rope Workout: Jumping and skipping are classic calorie-burning exercises. This helps in reducing body fat and reducing weight.
This type of exercise also helps in boosting metabolism and muscle conditioning.
If you are a fitness enthusiast then you must have tried working out with all the complex equipment available in the gym. But there is one exercise that you may not have done considering it easy. But it can prove to be very useful for you.
If you want to do dynamic and fat-burning exercises, then battle rope exercises will be best for you.
This is a very simple and popular exercise.
You must have seen many celebrities and athletes doing this exercise on different social media platforms. This exercise significantly increases the heart rate of the rope’s ‘waves’. There is a lot of tiredness while doing that.
Along with burning fat, battle rope exercise also leads to body tone. This is the best exercise done in the gym nowadays. So today we will tell you about what a Battle Rope Workout is, how to do it, mistakes made during exercise, and its benefits.
What is a Battle Rope Workout?
Battle rope workout is a heavy rope exercise used to improve strength and conditioning.
As the name suggests, it is not just a rope, which is thick and long and provides significant resistance and mobility.
The battle rope is stuck with the help of an angle so that its two ends are made. The size of this rope is 30, 40, or 50 feet. Whose thickness is 1.5 and 2 inches?
With the help of this, it is shaken in different ways, which gives different fitness-related results.
Machine/Equipment For Battle Rope Exercise
A thick rope is necessary for battle rope exercise. It will be available at gym equipment shops. To do this, you need an angel or the support of a machine, with the help of which the rope is trapped so that it has two ends, which hold and perform this workout.
Variations Of Battle Rope Workout
Often people in the gym would be seen doing battle rope in the same way. But technically there are some variations of Battle Rope as well. Like:
- Side to side waves
- Alternative waves
- Squat waves
- Split switch waves
- Outside circle
- Hope waves
- Walking waves
- Drum Solo waves
- Jump jack waves
You can do these variations according to your trainer’s advice and activity level.
How To Do Battle Rope Workout?
Battle rope workout is a good exercise. But before doing this, it is important to pay attention to the right technique, otherwise injury can also happen. For this, it is important that you also know the right steps to do battle rope exercise so that you exercise well.
Don’t forget to warm up before doing this. After warming up, keep the rest of your body stable, and then hold the ropes with both hands.
In the squat position, lean forward slightly downwards. This will put your hips out behind and your chest will be forward.
After this, keeping the core tight, wave the rope with both hands as fast as possible. This will create tension in your muscles. Do this for 20-30 seconds and after resting, repeat two more times.
Benefits Of Battle Rope Exercise
- Battle rope exercise is a kind of cardio exercise, during which the heart rate increases significantly.
- This exercise also creates tension in the arms, shoulders, torso, and abdominal muscles.
- By doing this, there are many movements like squats and jumps, which increases physical activity.
- While moving the rope, the lower body has to be kept stable, which increases stability.
- Increases shoulder mobility and range of motion.
- The handgrips can be changed to isolate the target muscles.
- Battle rope increases workout endurance.
- This exercise burns a lot of calories, which leads to weight loss.
Mistakes During Battle Rope Exercise
- While doing battle rope exercises, some people leave their core loose, which is wrong. This creates less tension on the muscle target. Some people do not keep the back straight while doing battle rope exercises, due to which there can be tension in the lower back.
- While doing this exercise, some people do not keep the body straight, due to which the whole body shakes and tension is not created on any muscles.
- In the beginning, this exercise should be done with the help of a trainer, otherwise, there may be an injury.
- Do battle rope exercises for at least 30 seconds, only then you can get results.
- Do this exercise only after weight training, otherwise, there will be a lot of fatigue, and later you will not be able to do any workout.
You must have understood how to do battle rope workout/exercise and what precautions should be taken while doing it. For more such information, keep reading the health section of think-how.