Regarding freight or container business, you need to know about different terms and processes to make the business run easily. One such is the CFS handling performance. Containerized shipping is necessary to access a seamless distribution and transportation network. Previously, products from smaller shipments were only loaded and sorted at the onboarding time. However, with the help of Container Freight Stations, the shipping process has been revolutionized for both small and large goods.
What is a Container Freight Station?
A CFS is a location, usually a warehouse near maritime ports or important railway hubs. Private parties or shipping terminals own these container freight stations. Their principal duty is to consolidate and de-consolidate less than a container load (LCL) cargo. Consolidation involves combining numerous LCL shipments to make a full container load (FCL), whereas de-consolidation involves separating the LCL shipments.
A Container Freight Station is a temporary storage facility for items destined for import and export. The shipping line or terminal considers the CFS process, and its warehouse is near the terminal. These stations oversee customs clearance procedures and cargo paperwork. Shipping companies can use the tracking system to track the container. Balmer & Lawrie container tracking offers the best system.
Need of Container Freight Station
With adequate safety measures and updated tracking facilities, CFS facilitates intermodal transport and optimizes transferring smaller cargo to all its locations. Here are a few reasons why CFS service is so important in import and export logistics-
- The delivery of goods is done into several containers at the CFS, and each vessel carries a unique identification number, allowing the trader to trace the container and the product.
- Containerized items shipped via CHS brings down the chance of damage, promoting a smooth transaction between the exporter and importer.
- A suitable list is kept, which includes the importer/name, exporter’s CHA agent name/house, product, onboarding/unloading port, product name, quantity, truck number, shipping line, size, and so on.
- At the gateway ports, customs clearance is not necessary.
- CHS acts as a concentration centre for smaller shipments and helps reduce the overall movement of the empty container, making LCL shipments affordable.
- The overall goal of CFS is to speed up and streamline the export process so that all types of standardized containers, particularly TEU export containers, run at Container Freight Stations.
How does the CFS service work?
Container freight stations are used for embankment and disembarkation of products from export to import.
How CFS Charges?
The Container Freight Station charges a fee for each action it conducts. Furthermore, the fees for 20-foot, 40-foot, and 45-foot containers vary, as do the fees for reefer, hazardous, and over-dimensional cargo (ODC). As a result, exporters and importers must be aware of these fees.
In case there is no consideration of charges, it can cause shipment delays, an increase in logistical costs, and, most importantly, ruin your relations with customs authorities, which can be a bad sign for your organization.
Post introduction of the CFS handling performance tool, a proper system is followed in the shipping procedure. However, we feel it takes a reliable container freight station to understand your requirements and provide the best services. Balmer & Lawrie container tracking is preferred and is the ISO-certified CFS network at your disposal.
It aims to provide all you need in a “one-stop” solution with our Container Freight Station network across India. Our innovative services and many years of experience are geared to meet all your shipping needs. The service provider understands the importance of ensuring all items are delivered on time and that the outcomes exceed expectations.