A garage door is a complex system of moving parts that need to be properly maintained in order to function at its best. Unfortunately, it’s easy to forget about maintenance until something goes wrong. It’s always a good idea to stay on top of the condition of your garage door. After all, it’s what protects your car from the elements and helps you get in and out of your home quickly. Here are 7 signs that your garage door may need some repairs. Keep an eye out for them, and if you notice any of them, call a professional to take a look.
1) Excessive Noise – If your garage door is making more noise than normal when opening or closing, there could be an issue with the rollers or springs. When these components are in good condition, your garage door should operate relatively silently.
2) Slow Operation – If it takes longer for the garage door to open and close than it did previously, this is a sign that something is wrong. The most common cause of slow operation is worn-out rollers which will need to be replaced. Additionally, the tracks may need to be cleaned and lubricated if they have become clogged with dirt and debris.
3) Uneven Movement – Another sign that you may need to call a professional for repairs is if the garage door moves unevenly when opening or closing. This could indicate an issue with one of the springs, such as a broken spring cable or a misaligned track.
4) Sagging Sections – If one side of your garage door appears lower than the other while in its closed position, it’s likely due to broken springs or cables on that side of the door. It’s important not to ignore this issue as it can lead to further damage if left unchecked for too long.
5) Visible Damage – While most issues with a garage door can’t be seen from the outside, any visible damage is a clear indication that you should get in touch with a professional for repairs right away. This includes dents and scratches on both sides of the panel as well as rusting hardware and lose components.
6) The door is off track – If your garage door is off track, it can be a major safety hazard. If you see that your door is off track, do not try to fix it yourself. Call a professional immediately.
7) You have an old garage door – If your garage door is more than 10 years old, it may be time to replace it. Older doors are less efficient and more likely to break down.
A malfunctioning garage door can create major inconveniences for homeowners so it’s important to pay attention to warning signs before they become bigger problems down the road. Keep an eye out for excessive noise, slow operation, uneven movement, sagging sections, and visible damage so you can address any issues immediately before they become worse over time! With routine maintenance and timely repairs, you can keep your garage door functioning like new for many years! If your garage door isn’t working properly, it can be a huge inconvenience. Thankfully, there are professionals who can help you with residential garage door repair. At RPlus, we have a team of experienced and qualified technicians who can help get your garage door back in working order. We understand the importance of having a functional garage door, so we offer same-day service in most cases. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.